Thursday, September 17, 2020

 Exit Slip:  To be a reflective teacher 

It is so fascinating how much multidimensional learning can benefit students in their future education. Through the video, Dr. Boaler showed the comparison of traditional learning and inquiry-based learning, I can see clearly how boring the math class could be without reflection. From our group discussion, we also shared our own experience with reflective teaching and non-reflective teaching. Interestingly, I found that with the reflective teacher even though a certain topic you may not remember after certain years but the passion of that subject the teacher transferred to will stay.  It is powerful, and I want to be this kind of teacher. I also agree that a fixed mindset is a barrier to not only learning math but also for any kind of learning. Through this class, combined with my own experience as so many years being a student and also being a candite teacher now, I have learned to reflect the questions to myself that how can I be a reflective teacher in my classroom for certain math topics. I definitely need to learn more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Symbolic World