Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Homework part 1-Inquiry Topic

 

I chose this topic because through my tutoring experience I feel many teenagers are not so motivated in school nowadays . In my opinion as a teacher, to be successful in teaching, the first step is to motivate students. Motivation can help students' intrinsic learning. Without motivation, no matter how wonderful our teaching plans are, the results will be unsatisfactory. I want to do my research on what are the cause and effects for teenagers being unmotivated in school and how can we motivate them as a teacher. 

After the class discussion, I feel my topic is a bit broad and Ivy feels hers the same way. so we had a discussion about it, we both are interested in enriched learning for secondary level. We will focus on the implementation of enriched learning on BC Mini School Program. The recent years, Mini school program is getting more and more popular and competitive to get in, so it proves that the pedagogy of this program is very successful. As educators, we want to research more about: what is the pedagogical advantage of mini school? What is the problem mini school program facing? How can we expand this mini school concept  implementing it to our regular classes to benefit most of the school-aged children instead of only 600 students?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Symbolic World