Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Entrance Slip : Oct 8th

        I was enjoying reading Henderson and Taimina's article. I feel the same way as Henderson that geometry wasn't taught too much compared to other mathematical learning topics. I feel the most helpful teaching tools are models. I still remember my high school teacher, he used many 3D models to understand the geometric concept when he taught us geometry.  For example, two lines perpendicular to each other but not intersect with each other. It was hard for students to imagine, especially for the students just starting to learn geometry. Also, I learned many tricks to draw the auxiliary lines to help solve the geometry problem from him. As well, when I learn Combinatorial theory, the colored beads helped me to visualize the patterns. I have experience in tutoring in Cylinder's surface area that my student couldn't visualize the circumference is the length of the rectangle. I simply roll a paper to a cylinder and open it, he understood right away. So I claim that bodily experiences help learn aspects of mathematics and physics.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Symbolic World